Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Calling All New Association Staff Directors! It's Time to Live Your Brand.

If you are a fair weather football fan, like me, you can appreciate the connection between coaching, playing, team dynamics, structure, process, hype, spirit, determination, coordination in football - and business. I love a competitive, well-matched game.

True football fans block out everything else and focus on the players, the coaches, the rivalry and the true grit that happens when 22 players get on the field on any given Sunday. Those like me try to learn something I can use on Monday.

So when Danny (my husband) showed me this inspiring article of a rookie who gives his heart to the team, it speaks to me that really amazing football players have their own personal brand. In my presentation on Creating Career Karma (your brand), I make the point that your brand is your internal promise, a reflection of your values, and the unique footprint that is only you. It’s the way you package and use what you have every day that makes you unique.

The second thing that competes for my attention during a football game is how one new person can change the dynamics of a team. So, new Communications Director, Marketing Director, GAD, Membership Director, CEO - what do you bring to your team that’s different, and makes the whole team perform better?

You are your story.
What is the unique feature
that distinguishes you
from all the others?
 

If you want a great example of a solid personal brand and how it can change a team, click here to read a great article.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment